The Gee Graphite camprofile is a composite gasket which utilises a serrated metal core with soft facing material. The metal core is machined on each contact face with concentric serrations which provide high surface stress ensuring that the soft coating flows into imperfections in the flange even at relatively low bolt loads. The result is a gasket which combines the benefits of soft cut materials with the advantages of seal integrity associated with metallic gaskets.
Expanded graphite is the most common facing material used for camprofile gaskets, however other materials can be used, such as PTFE for chemically aggressive applications or mica for higher temperature applications.
Properties of Camprofile Gaskets:
• Provide a high integrity sealable to withstand thermo-cycling and shock loading conditions
• Can be used when there is insufficient bolt load to seal conventional gasket materials
• Suitable for a wide range of operating conditions
• The soft facing layer prevents damage to the flange
• Can be refurbished with a new facing layer and reused
• Sealing is less sensitive to uneven bolt loading conditions
|Camprofile gaskets can also be manufactured from a range of core materials according to media compatibility and temperature considerations.